News and reviews
- November 25, 2013 Panera Bread is planning to open its 2nd store in Waltham, at the new Main Street Marketplace at 1030 Main Street, on November 27. The grand opening is slated for Wednesday, December 4.
- November 25, 2013 - The City Council votes on approving the special permit for Starbucks at 1265 Main Street, the new mall at the former Polaroid site.
- November 19, 2013 - The Downtown Waltham Partnership announced that a restaurant called The Grille will be opening at 11 Pine Street, where Boca Bar was located.
- November 12, 2013 - A call to the Tuscan Grill confirmed that they are now closed. They will be closed at least until the end of the year, as they search for a new owner.
- November 12, 2013 - Joshua Smith has announced that Moody's Delicatessen and Provisions is now open at 468 Moody Street, which previously housed Salem Foods. The site features a breakfast/lunch deli and gourmet shop in the front and a USDA facility for curing meats in the back. Also, weekly farm-to-table dinners with guest chefs are on the docket.
- November 11, 2013 - A note on their website says that The Elephant Walk has closed.
- November, 2013 - Five Guys Burgers and Fries and Chipotle Mexican Grill are open at the new Main Street Marketplace at 1030 Main Street.
- September 9, 2013 - The Bliss Diner is scheduled to open this fall at 655 Main Street, the site of In A Pickle before their move to Moody Street.
- Early June, 2013 - The Copper House Tavern opened at 380 Winter Street, at the Best Western Hotel site that housed the Piccadilly Pub. Copper House Tavern.
- June 10, 2013 - The developer of 1019 Trapelo Road (at the intersection with Lexington Street) is applying for a permit for a coffee shop and an Asian restaurant.
- May 21, 2013 - Stadium Sports Bar & Grill at 342 Moody Street is now, due to a change in ownership, Playmakers Bar and Grill.
- April 30, 2013 - The Elephant Walk's owner, Bob Perry, has announced plans to expand the restaurant from 90 to 152 seats, with an expected completion date in September, according to a post on the Brand New Watch blog.
- November 21, 2012 -
CEO John Pepper announced that the Boloco restaurant chain was abandoning plans to open a burrito restaurant at 475 Winter Street, vacated by Wineseller of Selene several years ago. He said that delays from Waltham's Rules & Ordinance Committee were to blame for not receiving a special fast food permit nearly 2 years after they had signed a Letter of Intent.
- November 14, 2012 - Co-owner Lou Giovanetti announced that
Charcoal Guido's Pizzeria Bar opened at
482 Moody Street
- September 26, 2012 - Mayor McCarthy announced the new stores and restaurants being considered for the shopping complex planned for the former Polaroid site on Main Street.
Restaurants include Starbucks, Bonefish Grill, 2O Ovens, and Jake & Joe's Sports Grille.